Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Summer Anthology Submissions: Submit Your Story


Got a Short Story? Submit it!

Hi everyone! Today’s post, though short, is especially fun. The Elephant’s Bookshelf, a traditional publisher of fiction and nonfiction, is opening up submissions for their summer anthology! This summer anthology will be the third installment in the series. Already published are Spring Fevers and The Fall: Tales from the Apocalypse

Why does this have anything to do with me? I’m the anthology’s copyeditor, so I’ll be editing all those lovely stories that are accepted. And I want to read yours!

And this is the best part:

For the summer edition of our four-season series, we are looking for stories that share a love or relationship that is or appears to be short-lived or not long for this world.”
—The Elephant’s Bookshelf

I don’t know about you, but as soon as I heard about the theme of this season’s anthology, I began flipping through my story ideas.

Here’s a link to the publishing house’s post, where a more in-depth description of the topic and the criteria. For those of you who are seriously considering submitting a story, this post is a must-read.

I know you all have a secret little folder on your computer filled with story ideas, or a vignette that you jotted down and never went back to. Don’t you think it’s time to dust them off and polish them up?

For those of you hesitant to jump into the world of writing, but who have dreams of writing a book one day, take a step closer to that goal by submitting a short story. After all, you just might get published.

Lastly, I’ll be posting an interview with the publishing house’s founder and president (and Chief Elephant Officer), Matt Sinclair in the upcoming weeks! Do you know what this means? This is your chance to get answers to all of your burning questions about the mysterious world of publishing, so don’t be shy! Leave a post!

Happy writing,

Laura Carlson
American Editing Services
415.745.1764

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your note on Google + so I checked out your blog and I'm your latest follower.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick! I’m so glad to have you as a member of this blog! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my blog thus i got here to return the choose?.I'm trying to in finding things to enhance my site!I suppose its
    ok to make use of some of your ideas!!

    my website; health

    ReplyDelete