Monday, July 1, 2013

Book Review: The Unearthly, by Laura Thalassa

It’s Monday again! I hope you all are enjoying the beginning of the week (or at least getting by)! Today I wanted to talk about something scary to me, which is my newly published novel, The Unearthly.

Before I include all the normal fun stuff that goes along with introducing a book here, I wanted to explain that I truly empathize with the pitfalls that each of you face when you write. Even though I edit for a living, I too have writer blind spots! That might come as a surprise to some of you, but I hope it also gives you a little courage to continue writing away if you are struggling. Even the woman cracking the yardstick up here and telling you what to do struggles to follow these guidelines. No one escapes without being thoroughly humbled. :) 

The Unearthly is a YA paranormal romance written by Laura Thalassa (my pen name).


The Unearthly

Laura Thalassa

The first time I was declared dead, I lost my past. The second time, I lost my humanity. Now I’m being hunted, and if I die again, my soul is up for forfeit.

After enrolling in Peel Academy, an elite supernatural boarding school on the British Isles, the last of the sirens, Gabrielle Fiori, only wants to fit in. Instead, the elixir meant to awaken her supernatural abilities kills her.

When Gabrielle wakes up in the morgue twelve hours later, something wicked is awakened in her, something even the supernatural community has never seen before. Now the only person who can help her is Andre de Leon, the community's infamous bad boy and the king of vampires.

Yet even his help can’t prevent the repeated attempts on Gabrielle’s life. Someone is after her, and they will stop at nothing to end her short existence. Only Gabrielle cannot let that happen now that her soul hangs in the balance, because she may have met the devil. And he wants her. Bad.

About the Author
Born and raised in Fresno, California, Laura Thalassa spent her childhood cooking up fantastic tales with her best friend. Lucky for her overactive imagination, she also happened to love writing.

Laura Thalassa lives in sunny Santa Barbara, California with her boyfriend, author Dan Rix. The Unearthly is her debut novel.

Links
If you are interested in hanging out with me on my author sites, you can find me at http://laurathalassa.blogspot.com/, Facebook, TwitterGoogle+, and Goodreads. Don’t be a stranger! 

6 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous :) Congrats!!

    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think your concept sounds really cool. is your book available in hard/paperback or is it only digital? thanks and super good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Sorry for the belated response! It is in paperback, although I don’t think when I posted this that it was linked up with the Kindle version. Thank you for your words of encouragement! :)

      Delete